August 4th 2011
My family is filled with self-proclaimed Chip connoisseurs! We all have our favourites: I like very crisp chips and the spicier the better. Lizz loves the Bar-B-Que, and Mike has developed a taste for the Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt!
Kettle Chips are a particular favourite of ours. We do love the crispy, crunchiness uhm... crunchy-ness of Kettle-cooked chips!
We have been buying Kettle Classics® for quite a while. They have some of the most amazing flavours:
- Natural: “The Original Crunch” It doesn’t getting any simpler – our Natural chips have nothing but potatoes and sea salt.
- Mesquite Barbecue: “Backyard Crunch”: All the flavors you’d expect from a smoky barbecue – sweet brown sugar, tomato, onion, and garlic, paprika, annatto, tumeric and other spices.
- Spicy Jalapeño: “Fiery Crunch”: Yes, that’s a spicy chip. Made with pure jalapeño peppers, onion and garlic, natural flavors, paprika, and vinegar.
- Sea Salt and Vinegar: “The British Crunch”: Inspired by the Brits who favor these flavors over ketchup. These chips are made with sea salt, vinegar and natural flavors.
- Sundried Tomato Basil: “The Gourmet Crunch” Garden-fresh taste. Made with sundried tomatoes, basil, onion and garlic, parsley, paprika and natural flavors.
- Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt: “Perfect Combo Crunch” So zesty, so peppery. Coated with sea salt, black pepper, onion, garlic, and natural spices.
- Honey Dijon Mustard: “Sophisticated Sweet Crunch” This chip takes the sharp taste of Dijon mustard and the smooth, sweet taste of honey to create a one of a kind blend that really gets your taste buds dancing.
- African Red Devil Pepper™: “Exotic Crunch” This spicy-yet-citrusy chip was inspired by the Piri Piri pepper found in Africa and its heavenly taste is mouth-watering.
- Wasabi Ranch: “Cool Samurai Crunch” Wasabi is elegant spiciness that’s warm, not hot. Then, quickly fades to a slightly sweet, lingering finish. The perfect segue way for ranch, a classic flavor that’s rich and smooth.
Those of you who've been reading here a while will know that my choice from this fantastic list is the African Red Devil Pepper™ ! How do I describe the taste? HHHmmm. It's warm -- the heat hits the back of your throat for a very pleasant momentary burn and then it's gone. Your mouth waters and you crave another chip. I love it. I finished the bag in very short order. Luckily, I didn't have to share! :D
My 2nd favourite was, surprisingly, the Sea Salt and Vinegar. It's very reminiscent of English Fish and Chips. Open the bag and the slightly pungent smell of vinegar wafts by but doesn't over-power. Same with the flavour. It's a lovely mild salty / vinegary taste. We actually shared these chips when we had a fried fish dinner. Perfection.
I can tell you -- I've tried brand after brand of the Salt and Vinegar chips -- generally, I can't eat much because the strong vinegar flavour wreaks havoc with my lips and my taste buds. Not these. Nothing about these chips is "too much" or overdone. Love them!
Mike, as I said earlier, just loved the Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt. That's rather unusual for Mike as he's not a big "pepper" guy. He says the dark sweetness of the black pepper is "killer".
He called a tie between the Mesquite Barbecue and Sundried Tomato Basil. I, too, really liked the smoky bite of the Mesquite Barbecue. That wee touch of brown sugar is an amazing touch of BBQ brilliance!
I'd love to tell you more about the Sundried Tomato Basil but after we opened it, I got a few chips, Mike got a few, and my Mom scampered away with the rest. Needless to say, they were a BIG hit with Mom! She tells me the tomato flavour was very mild and gently spiced -- I think that's why she really liked them.
We also received some samples of Baked Classics®. We sampled both the
Vanilla Frosting and the Mesquite BBQ.
The Vanilla Frosting is so... sweet and melt-in-your mouth delicious. The heady scent of vanilla is so inviting... and so yummy. That bag went fast. LOL! The Mesquite BBQ was fabulous. Sweet, smoky, and crispy. I managed to steal a few from Mike as he scarfed them down.
SAVORY SNACKS WITHOUT AN OUNCE OF GUILT.
Baked Classics® popped potato and multigrain crisps are packed with flavor, not fat. These oh-so-satisfying crisps are made with all natural potatoes, whole grains and seasonings, then popped. The result? A snack that’s just what you’ve been craving and a healthy alternative that won’t leave your palate feeling the least bit deprived.
Classic Foods is always to eager to hear from their friends and fans and you can connect with them on their Social Media Pages: Kettle Classics® on Facebook and @ClassicFoodsInc on Twitter
Classic Foods has generously offered one of my readers the chance to win a sample case of their fabulous chips! Just follow the entry instructions below!
Open to USA only. One entry per household, please. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. Saturday October 1, 2011. Prize will be mailed to the winner directly by the sponsor (Classic Foods). *All Entries WILL Be Confirmed*
DISCLOSURE: I received a case of Classic Foods Kettle Chips for the purpose of review. I was under no obligation to write this review. I received no monetary compensation. The opinions expressed herein are my own and are based on my own use of and experience with the item(s).